How To Find A Quality Nursing Home In Illinois
As an Illinois nursing home abuse lawyer, we understand your concern, and we offer the following suggestions to help you find a quality nursing home for the care of your loved one.
- Location – As in real estate, location is crucial. You want to visit on a regular basic, but you don’t want to drive hours to do so. Also, is the nursing home close to their physician and their preferred hospital?
- Physician service – Will your loved one’s physician visit the nursing home, and will they be called when the staff has questions? Is there a physician or medical director to handle emergencies?
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy – What types of therapy are available and what are the qualifications of staff that provide therapy services? Does the therapy at the facility meet the prescribed needs of the resident?
- Dietary services – Are meals planned by a registered dietitian? Are there choices of food at each meal and are special diets available? Are snacks available between meals? Does the food look and smell appetizing?
- Safety – Are there handrails in the hallways and grab bars next to bathtubs, showers and toilets? Is there an emergency call system which is easy for the residents to reach? Are hallways free of clutter? Is there a fire safety system that includes smoke and heat detectors and sprinklers?
- Activities – Is there a regular schedule of activities, and what activities are provided?
- Rooms and bathrooms – Do the rooms look pleasant and comfortable? Are bathrooms and bathing areas accessible and free of clutter?
- Family visitation – Is there a space available for families to visit besides the resident’s room? Is there a comfortable lounge area where the resident can socialize? Does the home have an outdoor space that residents can access?
These are among the many questions to ask in considering a nursing home for a loved one. If despite your best efforts, they have been abused, we urge you to contact us. As an Illinois nursing home abuse lawyer, we want to assist you in every way that we can. Email or call us at 888-HURT-318 (888-487-8318) and give us an opportunity to stand with you in protecting your loved one from further abuse.
"Hiring Scott was one of the best moves I have made in my life. Scott is a down to earth person and attorney. Scott is a 5 star first class act who really knows his stuff. The Judge said his presentation was one of if not the best he had ever seen. Take my advice, hire Scott. I’m sure you’ll be 200% satisfied. I was."
Cab Driver, Fall Down