Chicago Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Can Help Nursing Home Victims
Chicago Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Can Help In Case Your Loved One Got Hurt In A Nursing Home.
If you’ve trusted a nursing home to care for a love one and now you suspect nursing home abuse, you are not alone.
Sadly, nursing home abuse among the elderly is far too common, and it is often life threatening. A survey conducted by The National Center on Elder Abuse found that elders who experience abuse had a risk of death 300% higher than those not abused. As Chicago nursing home abuse attorneys, the Law Office of Scott D. DeSalvo LLC is here to assist you in seeking justice and compensation for you and your loved one.
An essential first step is to be able to recognize the signs of nursing home abuse which can take various forms. Here are some of the more common forms of abuse and things to look for.
- Untimely or unexplained death
- Infected bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Unexpected falls
- Unexplained injuries like broken bones, sprains, head injuries, bruises, burns or abrasions
- Medication errors or overdoses
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Unsanitary or unclean conditions
Emotional or behavioral changes
- Agitation, withdrawal or fear
- Frequent crying
- Complaints of poor treatment
If you suspect nursing home abuse, here are some initial steps to take.
- Visit your loved one as often as possible so they will get the attention they need from the nursing home staff.
- Call the Nursing Home Hotline at 800-252-4343 and report the abuse to the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Move your loved one to another nursing home.
Finally, contact us promptly for legal assistance. Remember that in Illinois the statute of limitations for filing a suit for nursing home abuse is two years.
As Chicago nursing home abuse attorneys there are ways in which we can help you deal with nursing home abuse.
- Nursing home abuse cases can be extremely complex, and you need an experienced firm like ours that is knowledgeable about the many issues – medical, social, financial and legal – that can affect your case. We can guide you through this maze that you would find nearly impossible to do on your own.
- We have access to expert witnesses – physicians, nurses and nutritionists – who can review your case and testify in your behalf.
"Hiring Scott was one of the best moves I have made in my life....5 star first class act who really knows his stuff."
If your loved one has suffered nursing home abuse, contact us for your free consultation. As Chicago nursing home abuse attorneys, we’ll guide you through the complexities of your case and try to help you secure restitution for the abuse your loved one has suffered.
We offer a free consultation and a 24 hour phone line, so give us a call for answers to your questions.